Planning a Costa Rican Adventure Vacation? With so much to see and do in this fantastic country, you want to maximize your travel time- and get the be
Planning a Costa Rican Adventure Vacation? With so much to see and do in this fantastic country, you want to maximize your travel time- and get the best value possible! The first thought is often an all-inclusive resort stay. However, a thoughtfully planned customized eco-immersion adventure offers far greater value- both in experience and budget, than (usually overpriced) resorts. Check out five reasons why a Costa Rican Adventure Vacation beats an all-inclusive resort stay.
1. See the best of Costa Rica! In a country with such an amazing range of habitats- from tropical lowland rainforest to misty mountainous cloud forest, incredible beaches on both coasts and everything in between, the last thing you want to do is be tied down to one place. While all-inclusive resort stays can offer you the opportunity to explore the (usually touristy) immediate surrounding area, a customized eco-immersion adventure allows you the opportunity to get off the beaten path and explore all the coolest areas of Costa Rica that you want to see!
2. Your Interests! Finding out that the all-inclusive resort activities (poolside bingo, anyone?), food (buffet line… need we say more?) and overall experience is not exactly your cup of tea is certainly not what you want on your hard-earned vacation. Make the smartest investment- choose exactly the activities you are interested in (from rappelling down a waterfall to taking a private cooking class to learn to surf), the specific type of lodging you’d be most comfortable in, and the best local food you’d like to try. Customizing your Costa Rican Adventure vacation to meet your interests and travel goals is the absolute best value for your trip.
3. No Hidden Fees- While “All inclusive” resorts sometimes seem like a great value, be sure you check on what the “all” really means. Travelers often find that many add-ons to a resort package are necessary in order to make their trip what they really wanted. Unexpected extra fees- for activities, food, drinks, guides, and more- can quickly add up. On a Costa Rican Adventure vacation, you decide upfront what you would like to include- from a complete package- (all meals, guides, activities)- to a mix of included activities and free time for you to explore. Whatever you choose, there are no hidden fees or surprises while you are on the road.
4. Guided personal service and attention – A personal guided tour with a local naturalist guide is the absolute best way to make the most of your travel experience in Costa Rica. Not only will you get the best personal service, but you get to see the very best of Costa Rica from a knowledgeable local perspective. Learn about the amazing wildlife, meet friendly locals, and find the coolest “secret spots”- locally owned cafes, hidden waterfalls, private beaches- in ways that go far beyond a typical all-inclusive experience.
5. Authentic experiences: Unlike in an all-inclusive resort, a customized eco-immersion adventure allows you to have authentic experiences and rich engagement with the people you meet and places you go in Costa Rica. From a homestay in a rural village to meeting a coffee farmer dedicated to helping his community, a personalized expedition will allow you to create unique memories to last a lifetime.
Crawford Hill is the owner and director of Costa Rican Adventures, an educational travel company focused on cultural immersion. An expedition leader, former biology teacher, and educational innovator, Hill has been guiding students and adults on wilderness adventures since 1974.